Monday, April 27, 2009

Float tubing is a chance to bond

I will be heading out to Perris Lake this next Sunday for a small Tournament (listed below in the tournament section). This is going to be my first tournament I have fished since I was a teenager. And even better than that is this it is going to be with my oldest son. I am so looking forward to this for us, I think this is a great opportunity for the two of us to bond and grow. See my son is now hitting his teen years, and in full swing I might add, most of you know what I mean, for me this is not easy as it is new for me. The only other teen I have ever dealt with was myself so how does one prepare for these years with there kids.
If you are a new parent let me say congratulations, and enjoy your life it will change, challenges are ahead. For those of you that have been through this before, help me please. OK it is not that bad all the time, but when there are moments like this (he wanted to go) I know I need to grab it and take it for what it is worth. We will set out on Sunday morning to try and hook up with as many bluegill and crappie as we can find, and to try and win this tournament for the 1st place pay-out.
But I will also be using this time to teach my son how to tube and why I find fishing and float tubing to be one of my favorite activities. Again, it's a great time to bond with my son while floating on the water catching fish. If he learns something that is a plus, and if he catch’s something, even a bigger plus. But just being there with him is the biggest plus of all. Perhaps one day when he starts his family he will understand why this tournament, if his son wants to fish with him might be one of the best tournaments of his life also. As always stay floating my friends and I will be posting pictures of our big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment