Sunday, November 18, 2012

ODC 420

The ODC 420 by Creek Company I have now had the pleasure using one and I will say I was very happy to finally use one.  This is the tube I have wanted since I first started tubing, and I was not disappointed.  I have now had a chance to ride in quite a few float tubes and this one comes second on my list as far as quality and us ability.
The ODC 420 is a great tube for the money, it rides very high in the water and is very comfortable to sit in for hours on end.  The pluses are as I stated above including the PVC coating under the tube witch is very a nice thing to add to a tube.
There are some down sides to this tube as I stated it is now second on my list as top quality float tubes.  The down sides are the valves are in the pockets, which is rough, because to get to the valves you need to move all the gear to the side or take it out of the pocket.  This is just a pain but not a really bad issue.  The other issue I see at least for me, is my legs rub on the inside of the tube so it seem to be slightly narrow for the inside diameter.
Over all the tube is very comfortable and tracks great in the water, you can spend along time on the water and take most everything you need for a simple day of fish.  And the cost is just right a great deal can be had as well if you wait for one of the many sales Creek Company has going on.  If you are in the market for a new float tube I do suggest you take a look at the ODC 420 it will be worth your time and would make a great tube for most anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I have an ODC-420L, it's my first tube, have had it for a few years. I totally agree with you about the valves, that was a stupid place to put them.

    After I saw a Fat Cat in Bass Pro Shops, I was blown away. It's a much better design than my ODC-420, and what I'm hoping to upgrade to someday.

    ReplyDelete