Saturday, November 17, 2012

Tubing the Salt VS Tubing the Fresh

I have now had the pleasure here is sunny Southern California of fish both Freshwater and Saltwater, so which one do I feel is better.  I though I knew the answer until recently.  I was always found in the Freshwater Tubing and always though there is no way on Gods green earth you will find me hanging my toes in the waters were you find thoughts toothy man eaters.
I mean I saw Jaws, and that was enough to say Saltwater fishing is to be done from shore or a nice big boat. Well after years of fishing in Freshwater from my tube and just loving it, I was approached by some friends to do a fishing session in Newport Harbor.  So I took a chance and after that I could say I was hook on tubing the salt.  Freshwater tubing is just a great time fishing, and for the most part very safe, at least safer than fishing in the saltwater.  You are in a locked body of water for the most part with very light water movement, of course there is wind issues, but using your head and planning your trips makes it fairly safe.
Being new to Saltwater I had and still have a lot to learn.  In the Saltwater you are still very safe being protected because we stay in the Harbors and Bays.  It is like fishing a big lake, the important things to know here are there is current (the Tide) and you must know which way it is going in or out to plan your trip right.  Also a big difference is the boat traffic not only is there more but bigger boats as well, and let me tell you I have seen drinking be a problem in the Harbors, so always keep your eyes open for traffic and carry your whistle for your safety.
So what do I think about Saltwater VS Freshwater, I think it is up to you to decide head out to the Salt if you have not done so yet and get a line wet.  I know now that I was missing out on a lot of fun and good fishing all those years I was worried about sharks.  I am so glad my friends pressured me into trying it (who says peer pressure is bad just kidding) I am and will always be hooked now.  But don't get me wrong the freshwater is still a great place to tube.  I think if I could find a way to balance the 2 out it would be great but for now I am content to set up my next trip to the salt.  So I guess that means I choose Saltwater it is in my blood now.
I plan on talking more about this subject if you have any comments please leave a comment so I can see it.  As always stay floating my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment