Monday, May 4, 2009

Report on The U-Boat 2000


The Creek Company makes a float tube by the name the U-Boat 2000 and I would like to talk about it right now if you don’t mind. The other day I took my son out float tubing it was his second time fishing from a tube. I had recently bought a U-Boat 2000 because it was on sale, and I though hay a back up. So this was the madden voyage of our U-Boat 2000. First I would like to say I have had this tube for a few months and would not take it out myself; there is no stabilizer bar fro the front like I am use to. This main reason that I would not try it myself, I figure the weight of me would fold it in half. My son is lighter than I am so he could use it right.
At 7 am I am starting to worry that I made a bad choose in buying this and putting him in it and on the water. But he sat down and floated away with no problems that I could see. The Creek Company has a patient on the stabilization strap that I made sure was set well be for we hit the water. The strap crosses around the back of the main tube from right front end to left front end and when set right help to hold the buoy open. After asking if he enjoyed the ride he said he had no problems, he seemed to maneuver with ease and was able to get in and out with no trouble.
This I feel would make a great first time Float tube or the perfect tube for that fishing bud that you are raising. I have to say I will be trying this one for myself soon, but there are a few things I think need to be addressed. First there are only two large pockets on each side of the tube an my son also made the same remark. Storage is lacking, and I miss having a pocket above the back rest. This tube only has the back rest. Creek Company does make the original U-Boat 2000 with this added. I bought the U-Boat 2000 for about $50 and it came with fins and a double action pump. But the true cost is about $100 to $140 so keep you eyes open you may find it cheaper at the next store.

No comments:

Post a Comment