Thursday, May 21, 2009

Puddingstone Reservoir (San Dimes CA. Frank G. Bonelli Park)


So there is this lake that I like to tube when I have the chance, and the reasons I like are numerous. The lake is Puddingstone Reservoir and the reasons that I find it a great place to Float tubes is 1. It holds large Mouth Bass, Bluegill, Crappie, Carp, Catfish, and stocked trout. 2. it’s not as expensive as others lake is in the area. 3. It is fairly quiet most often, other than the skiers in the summer or Memorial Day, it stays fairly quiet. 4. Fairly easy entrance for float tubing, right on the boat ramp with no boats in your way (sail boat cove is where you launch your tube.) 5. Final reason and sometime the most important reason for me being I have small kids it is with in 3om minutes of my home.

Yes sometimes it is more important to fish closer than where the fish are biting. Don’t get me wrong the fish are there and if you are good you will find them. I have seen some great bass fishing done there and I myself have done great with the Bluegill in that lake. When Float tubing the lake you are confined to Sail Boat Cove, but that is nit a bad thing as far as I can see, to me I feel it is one of the better spot to fish do to all the structure available to fish, i.e. sunken trees and rock piles in and around the cove.

A few years back I hooked in to something that took me for a ride out there in that cove, I never got a good look at it. It made its way to the shore and hung me up in a sunken tree, I normally enjoy fishing near structure like this but, at this point I was cursing it. From what I could see there was know why I would have been able to land this fish on my tube I am think it was maybe (don’t forget a fisherman and the one that got away story) about 15 lbs. or more. So I keep going back to see if to day is the day I hook into that fish again.

But all and all this is one of my favorite lakes to float tube and I feel one of the most float tube friendly lakes near me. So if you have any information to share about Puddingstone or would like to share a store please do so as always stay floating my friends.

Lacation: 120 Via Verde Ave., San Dimas, CA 91773 (909) 599-8411. Boat Rentals (909) 599-2667. Camping and RV Reservations (800) 809-3778

1 comment:

  1. Nice report. I also like it there. I will be going next saturday for my first time in my new float tube. Pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete