Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The prep step for bike packing and fishing

So I started out with the thought of I need to start moving more as I age.  I want to maintain my health and mobility.  As a former mountain biker and a die hard fishermen it was only natural to gravitate to the sport of Bike Packing and Fishing if it is a sport.  So with a thought in my head and a discussion with my wife a plan is hatched.

First move health and weight lose.  I said in my first post that I would not share my weight until I loosed some weight.  For me the plan is to first lose about 40 pounds total stating off with a goal of 5 pounds in a week.  How will I do this.  First its time to start moving.  I have always had an active type job but my last career change was to teaching.  While there is opportunity to move around it is nothing like what I use to do on the Ambulance and or in the Fire Station.  So I will start by planning to ride my stationary bike a minimum of 3 days a week with a goal of at least 30 minutes to an hour of ride time.   I am now 2 days on the bike and have a total for 24 minutes in as well as just short of 10 mills.  Now this might not seem like much but we all have to start somewhere.


Another area is mindful eating which I am sometimes guilty of mindless eating.  Interestingly enough I have found that I really enjoy bell pepper sandwiches for lunch.  This is just simply a half a bell pepper (color of your choice) with some lunch meet, tuna, or chicken salad on it.  very satisfying for a quick lunch.  I will also be doing some pushups and modified burpees each morning before work.  I have a mountain to climb but the waters on the other side are calling me.  With that I will leave you as I struggle but continue to grind.  I want to move more and Bike Packing and Fishing (BP&F) will be the motivation and the enjoyment of ward work and selfcare.  


I hope you will follow me as I go though this change and growth as a outdoorsman fighting for his health and wellbeing.  I invite all comments and information you would all like to share with me.  

Meeting us all at the Float Tube Fishing Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment