Friday, March 5, 2010

Puddingstone Gills gearing up

Last summer, I went out to Puddingstone lake (Sail Boat Cove) to float tube with some friends. It was there first time tubing, and despite losing a fin they had a good time. Fishing was not great for them but I had a much different day.

I always have one rod set up for the bait and wait fishing method so I can fish will on the move. Nothing more than a hook and bobber to float a half cut night crawler in the water will moving to the next spot. I have always found this to be a good way to locate some fish, makes for a more enjoyable day.

So will kick to my first spot and keeping and eye on one of my friends in the water, I get a bump on the bobber. I start to grab the rod and set the hook and the float is gone, I can feel it tugging pretty well. I reel it up to the tube and I see a decent Bluegill, so I set up in this spot and managed to catch a few more. Once that was done I moved to another location that has always produced for me.

The water in this spot has some good structure to fish so I start out worming for some bass with a 4 inch roboworm drop shot style. But there goes my bobber again, set the hook and land another nice gill, this spot really went off for me. I think I got at lets 10 to 12 from this location; all were good sized and nice colors as well.

I ended the day with 20+ Bluegill and 0 bass, but the numbers of gills truly made the day worth will. I am planning a trip this year to Puddingstone soon and I hope it works out as well as this day did, only time will tell.













Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment