Thursday, November 20, 2014

Big Hammer Swimbaits check out what's new.

       The Ring Hammer once of the newest baits from Swimbait Company Big Hammer.  This new bait is similar to there original Big Hammer swimbaits but with some obvious changes.  The new bait compared to the old bait, as you can see there are now rings or ribs on the body of the bait conpaired to the old body on the original bait.  The rings come from there Ringer worm but instead of a curly tail they added the square tail to it to achieve the amazing swimming action that so many of us come to rely on.  I feel that the ringed body give this all ready amazing swimbait just a little more to help keep the fish latched on. 


        The rings tend to give it a little more give or texture making the lure seem more life like, which will keep the fish on for just a little long for your to set that hook.  I also feel that the rings provide small pockets to help trap what ever scent you add to your lures, which most of us use.  I also really like the size it come in, 4" in length. I always us the 3" swimbaits that Big Hammer makes, but have never been a fan of there bigger sizes they bodies seemed to be bulky.  I do know that they work and this is just my opinion.  But the new Ring Hammer at the 4" length is just the right size and shape of body I feel fooling those fish.  The last time I was out I tied on of these on and in true Big Hammer form it swam in the water just like a bait fish.  Even better it landed me 8 spotted bass in a 4 hour period, maybe to some that is not impressive, but for me in my float tube, I could not have been any happier.




No comments:

Post a Comment